You might have seen signs in the Metro Atlanta area advertising services that will buy your house. They’re fairly common signs. You’ll see these signs on street corners, telephone poles and other places. Most of these will say something along the lines of, “Call right away, we buy your property for cash!”
You might be wondering if these companies are credible and if you should sell your house for cash to them. After all, all of them promised the same thing: that you will get paid quickly, in cash, for your Metro Atlanta home.
Many of these companies do look the same, but there are differences that are important to know.
There are a handful of companies out there that are unscrupulous when it comes to buying your home. Being able to know which companies will pay you the right amount for your house in cash, versus what companies may try to short or cheat you is important.
Most people who buy your house like us are reputable companies in individuals. There are signs that you can use to tell whether or not the company that you’re working with is reputable or dishonest. We can help you determine whether or not the company you’re working with is a good company.
Some dishonest companies won’t want to pay you the full amount that your house is worth They may try to tell you that your metro Atlanta House isn’t worth the amount that you’re trying to sell it for, or they may hide on extra fees and not tell you until it’s too late.
We’ll help you know which of these companies are safe to work with, and which companies may try to cheat you out of your money. Tactics like ignoring your calls or texts after they’ve already sold your house, or not giving you the full amount, requiring you to take legal action are some of the things these companies may try to do.
Let’s take a look at what the good house buyers will do for you first.
Here’s What A Good House Buyer Will Do For You
- We will give you access to the cash you need almost immediately. Oftentimes, if you need to sell your house quickly for cash, you’ll need that money fast and not after a lot of paperwork and issues. Because we can close your house sale in as little as seven days, that money will get to you right away.
- We cut out any listings, middlemen, or real estate agents for you. Middleman, you won’t have to wait weeks or months to get a broker to list your house for you.
- We buy your house as is. That also means we’re providing jobs for local electricians, plumbers, carpenters and other craftsmen. We have certified professionals that we go to for houses that need repairs, and you won’t have to pay a cent for any of the repairs done on your Metro Atlanta house.
- We only use the US made products when repairing the houses. That way, not only are you getting paid cash for your house, you’re also helping provide more money into the economy of the Metro Atlanta.
- We increase the property values around your home. That means, if you buy a home not far from your current location, it’ll end up being worth more in the long run.
As you can see, there are quite a few positives to selling your house to us.
Quite a few people consider companies that buy houses for cash as unscrupulous house flippers. They think that the people buying their homes are simply attempting a get rich quick scheme on them. However, this simply isn’t the case.
The majority of our work is keeping track of moving parts, making sure that the right paperwork goes through and getting you your money as quickly as possible. That’s why we make it so easy for you to sell your house for cash.
Now that you know this, it’ll be easier to tell if someone legitimately wants to purchase your house for cash, or they’re attempting some sort of scheme.
How Do I Know This House Buyer Is Local?
The more the person buying your house is willing to answer your questions, the more likely they are a reputable house buyer.
Make sure you ask questions like these:
- How do you help your clients the most?
- What’s the number one service that you offer to people?
- Can you tell me more about all the services you provide?
- How many people in the Metro Atlanta area have you helped?
- How many testimonials from people do you have?
- How does your process work that I’m able to get cash from my house in just a week?
Now here are the things to lookout for for shady home buyers that may be trying to scam you.
- If they try to get you to sign agreements quickly and at your house, that may be a sign that they’re trying to cheat you. If they’re trying to get you to close the deal at a place that isn’t a professional real estate office, there’s a solid chance they’re doing it so that you don’t look as closely at the contract and you can’t ask as many questions. This also gives them the chance to claim they can’t review or redo your contract since they brought the contract with them, rather than being in an office where it can be changed and reprinted.
- If they try to pressure you into an incredibly fast closing, that’s a sign that they’re not on the up and up either. – Telling you that the sale has to be closed that day or at that moment is a sign they’re trying to pressure you into a bad deal. Most good house buying services will make you an offer that will be on the table for at least a week at the minimum. While most house buyers will have a deadline for you to follow, simply because the real estate market is so volatile, if they try to get you to sign that very day, there’s a chance they’re trying to scam you. Scammers rely on pressuring you into immediately reacting to them. They’re not trying to make a long con. They’re trying to make a quick sale and a quick buck. When we offer you the services, we’ll give you a longer deadline, set the cash aside in case you accept it and be ready to help you the moment that you sign. But we’ll never force or pressure you into signing your house away.
Scammers typically won’t get in contact with you again if you deny their first offer.
More often than not, they’ll feed you a lame excuse to get off the phone and try to find their next mark.
House buyer like ourselves are here for the long term for the Metro Atlanta community. That’s why we always show you exactly what’s going on. We work with you and never try to pressure you into a sale immediately.
When it comes to buying your Metro Atlanta house for cash, we’re always happy to answer your questions.